Master’s in Strategic Management
This course provides access to the Masters at University of Portsmouth.
What is special about this course?
This course covers key areas of management, providing 5 optional pathway such as General, Finance, Marketing, Managing People and International Management. This programme is usually studied over an academic year and provide progression to an masters to University of Portsmouth.
This qualification takes 9 months full-time study to achieve and prepares learners for a range of careers.
Studying at BSMI, you will also benefit from;
- Direct entry into the Masters at University of Portsmouth.
- 3 academic intakes per year, which are January/February- May/June-September/October.
- Individualized personal and academic care.
- Frequent tutorials.
- Guaranteed entry into University of Portsmouth for an Masters upon successful completion of your course at BSMI
- Daily 3 hours of Academic English tuition is included.
For learners who have recently been in education or training the entry profile is likely to include:
- A first degree in Business, Management or related subjects or a level 6 qualification for example an ATHE Diploma in Management
- Other equivalent international qualifications.
The course is designed to provide in-depth knowledge and understanding of key leadership and management practices and principles to enhance effective performance at a practical level. Students will gain a critical understanding of the nature of work organizations, their structure, leadership, and management from a variety of theoretical perspectives. Learners selecting the core qualification take the five core units and a further three units from the list of optional below
Four Mandatory Units:
- Strategic Planning
- Finance for Strategic Managers
- Research for Strategic Development
- Organisational Behaviour
- Personal Development for Leadership and Strategic Management
- International Business Environment
- Developing Organisational Vision and Strategic Direction
- International Finance
- Quantitative Methods
- Strategic Marketing
- International Marketing
- Corporate Communications Strategies
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Managing Continuous Organisational Improvement
Level 7 Extended Diploma in Management will be required to complete a research project. Learners taking the Diploma in Management may choose to take the research unit as one of their optional units if they opt for the unendorsed route.The assessment criteria describe the requirements a learner is expected to meet in order to demonstrate that the learning outcome has been achieved. Command verbs reflect the level of the qualification e.g. at level 6 you would see words such as analyse, evaluate, synthesise.
Request free information from
British School of Marketing International
|British School of Marketing International||University of Portsmouth|
|Programme Title||Point of Exit||Programme Title||Point of Entry|
ATHE Level 7 Extended Diploma in Strategic Management
Successful completion of programme with a minimum grade of 60%
Masters at University of Portsmouth
What Our Students Are Saying
I’ve been at this school for 6 months and enjoyed every day that I spent here. I would like to thank my teacher and a good friend Paul, the best selling manager Annabel and the funniest IT guy Jose. It’s been one of the most important periods of my life and I’ve gained an incredible experience here. Also thanks to all the students that I met here, especially Italians.Borys NVQ Level 3 & General English