International Year 2 in Business and Management (GenEd)
This course provides access to the final year of an undergraduate programme. Students will study two levels in one academic year prior to progressing into the final year at Northwood University. As part of our commitment to our students, BSMI will provide students with further academic assistance in helping them with their skills to complete a bachelor's degree in a total of 2 years.
What is special about this course?
The course is designed to provide you with the final entry into Northwood University. This is a great opportunity for students who would like to complete their undergraduate studies in 2 years.
Studying at BSMI, you will also benefit from;
- Direct entry into the final of an undergraduate degree.
- 3 academic intakes per year, which are January/February- May/June-September/October.
- Individualized personal and academic care.
- Frequent tutorials.
- Guaranteed entry into Northwood University upon successful completion of your course at BSMI.
- Daily 3 hours of Academic English tuition is included.
For learners who have recently been in education or training the entry profile is likely to include one of the following:
- Prior study in business, management or related subjects at level 4 or above
- A level 4 qualification for example an ATHE Level 4 Extended Diploma in Business and Management or an ATHE Level 4 Diploma in Business and Administrative Management
- Other equivalent international qualifications
The course is designed to provide in-depth knowledge and understanding of key leadership and management practices and principles to enhance effective performance at a practical level. Students will gain a critical understanding of the nature of work organizations, their structure, leadership, and management from a variety of theoretical perspectives. Learners wishing to ultimately progress to the final year of a degree programme from an American university must achieve the eleven Mandatory units listed below.
- Business Organisations in a Global Context
- Research Project
- People Management
- Finance for Managers
- Marketing Principles and Practice
- Business Law
- Business Ethics
- Managing Communication
- Life Sciences in Business
- Logic and Critical Thinking/Design and Creative Thinking
- Applied Economics for Business
The assessment of the Level 5 Business and Management qualification is completed through the submission of internally assessed learner work. To achieve a pass for a unit, a learner must have successfully achieved the learning outcomes at the pass standard set by the assessment criteria for that unit. To achieve merit or distinction, the learner must demonstrate that they have achieved the criteria set for these grades.
Request free information from
British School of Marketing International
|British School of Marketing International||Northwood University|
|Programme Title||Point of Exit||Programme Title||Point of Entry|
ATHE Level 5 Extended Diploma in Business and Management
Successful completion of programme with a minimum grade of 60%
Level 6 (Year 3)
What Our Students Are Saying
I’ve been at this school for 6 months and enjoyed every day that I spent here. I would like to thank my teacher and a good friend Paul, the best selling manager Annabel and the funniest IT guy Jose. It’s been one of the most important periods of my life and I’ve gained an incredible experience here. Also thanks to all the students that I met here, especially Italians.Borys NVQ Level 3 & General English