Master of Management in IT Management
IT Managers are in high demand all over the world and in many different business areas. Graduates of IT Management have great prospects for diverse careers such as technology management, consulting, and change or project management. The Master in IT Management prepares you for these roles and can give you a head start into a rewarding career.
Why study the Master of Management in IT Management with us?
- Scholarship available for online studies
- Maximum flexibility, study completely online or on-campus in Germany or in the UK
- Start online anytime
- 2 academic intakes per year, which are March/ April and September/October
- Individualized personal and academic care
- International value, benefit from our large global network of partners and a curriculum designed to make you succeed internationally.
- Career boost, give your career the boost it deserves with our support during and after your studies.
- Students must have completed a bachelor’s degree in the UK or overseas.
- An English language level equivalent to IELTS 6.5 or above with a minimum of 6.5 in each component or a pass certificate of a PreSessional course at BSMI.
- Students must be a minimum of 18 years old for this programme.
- At least one-year work experience before the start of BSMI Master programme (achieved after previous studies)
- A final grade of at least "Satisfactory" or grade C (as commonly used in countries overseas excluding Europe)
The Master of Management in IT Management provides you with the fundamentals of business management before building your expertise in essential IT areas such as service management and compliance. You’ll be introduced to handling IT service requests, incidents, and changes to the IT environment, and the corresponding knowledge management required for a sustainable IT operation.
You’ll learn key elements within corporate governance, including the required leadership and organisational structures for maintaining IT to ensure business strategies and objectives are met.
The Master of Management in IT Management has a duration of 24 months, 120 credits, and is structured in 4 semesters.
The Master’s degree programme prepares you optimally for a career at the interface between management and technology:
- You gain insights into IT governance and information security concepts.
- You learn about the art of deriving IT strategies from existing business processes.
- You examine how key IT services are implemented across different people, departments, processes, and technologies.
- You develop methods for the conceptual design of high-quality software.
- And you receive training in the management of projects according to international standards.
During your Master course, you will study the following modules:
- Managing in a Global Economy
- Strategic Management
- IT Project and Architecture Management
- Advanced Research Methods
- Operations and Information Management
- IT Governance and Service Management
- Seminar: Managing People and Organisations
- Master Thesis & Colloquium