Master Computer Science in Cyber Security
With digitalisation, cyber-attacks on software and system structures in companies are on the rise. To ensure the confidentiality of important data, just about every company, organisation, and government agency alike require competent cybersecurity professionals. There is now a huge and unmet demand for security experts with a keen eye to identify and defend against cyber-attacks.
Why study the Master Computer Science in Cyber Security with us?
- Scholarship available for online studies
- Maximum flexibility, study completely online or on-campus in Germany or in the UK
- Start online anytime
- 2 academic intakes per year, which are March/ April and September/October
- Individualized personal and academic care
- International value, benefit from our large global network of partners and a curriculum designed to make you succeed internationally.
- Career boost, give your career the boost it deserves with our support during and after your studies.
- Students must have completed a bachelor’s degree in the UK or overseas.
- An English language level equivalent to IELTS 6.5 or above with a minimum of 6.5 in each component or a pass certificate of a PreSessional course at BSMI.
- Students must be a minimum of 18 years old for this programme.
- At least one-year work experience before the start of BSMI Master programme (achieved after previous studies)
- A final grade of at least "Satisfactory" or grade C (as commonly used in countries overseas excluding Europe)
With the Master in Computer Science in Cyber Security, a programme taught fully online, you will acquire all the skills you need to protect data and ensure top security measures for systems used by companies worldwide. You’ll become a specialist in securing infrastructures against attacks, risks, or malware using statistical and digital forensic methods.
The Master of Computer Science in Cyber Security is offered as a consecutive 120 credits programme or a shorter non-consecutive version worth 60 credits.
You will focus on algorithms, you will deal with Cyber security and data protection as well as cryptology - an important tool in IT security. With blockchain, you will also investigate a current and much-discussed practical application of these concepts.
During your Master course, you will study the following modules:
- Corporate Governance of IT, Compliance, and Law
- Advanced Mathematics
- Cyber Security and Data Protection
- Programming with Python
- IT Project Management
- Advanced Statistics
- Advanced Research Methods
- Cyber Risk Assessment and Management
- IT Systems: Software
- IT Systems: Hardware
- Cyber Systems and Network Forensics
- Theoretical Computer Science for IT Security
- Seminar: Standards and Frameworks
- Project: Current Challenges of Cyber Security
- Electives A
- Electives B
- Master Thesis & Colloquium